Disney World is reopening! And Disney seems to be announcing new reopening news every day…
So, let’s make a deal, OK?
I’ll sift through all the latest Disney World reopening news because I love doing all things Disney World.
And you … well, you just get to sit back, relax, and enjoy all the highlights in this one stress-free spot and not worry about checking all the official Disney news sources daily.
Disney World reopening plans are constantly evolving so I’ll continue to update this page with the latest information. I’ll share a brief summary of each week’s changes in my weekly email.
Want the latest Disney World reopening news delivered to your inbox?
Get notified weekly when this page of Disney World reopening news is updated:
All Disney World reopening plan news on this page is OFFICIAL NEWS straight from Disney. I won’t be posting any hearsay or rumors not published directly by Disney.
In addition, you can always check the official Disney World reopening update page for information more detailed than the basics provided here.
All Closed/Unavailable and Open/Available lists on this page refer to the initial reopening period (for which there is not yet a defined end date) and do not reflect permanent changes at Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney World Park Reopening Date and Ticket Updates
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen July 11, 2020.
Epcot and Hollywood Studios will reopen July 15, 2020.
All parks have reduced hours through October. Park hours are not yet available for November. The parks are showing these hours through the end of October:
- Magic Kingdom – 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Epcot – 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Hollywood Studios – 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Animal Kingdom – 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Limited park capacity will be managed using the new Disney Park Pass reservation system. Both a park pass and valid admission ticket will be required to enter each park. The new system is now available to Annual Passholders and existing ticket holders.
Read all about how to make Disney park reservations using the Disney Park Pass system.
New hotel and ticket packages for 2021 are currently available through September 26, 2021. Park reservations can be made as well and guests can view park reservation availability prior to purchasing tickets. Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021 based on the Resort stay and ticket eligibility. Complimentary MagicBands for Disney hotel guests will be discontinued for arrivals beginning in 2021.
New ticket sales and Disney resort hotel reservations for 2020 arrivals are not yet available.
Attractions and experiences (including shows, parades, and fireworks) may have limited availability or remain closed. To prepare for capacity reductions, Disney has already canceled reservations for additional offerings and experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours.
In lieu of character greetings, Magic Kingdom’s Festival of Fantasy parade, nighttime spectaculars, and other indoor stage shows, several character cavalcades will appear in all four parks every day. The specific cavalcades in each park are detailed in the Available Experiences section of Disney’s Parks and Tickets update webpage.
Most live-action shows and attractions won’t be available when the parks reopen. These include:
- Magic Kingdom: Enchanted Tales with Belle, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Epcot: Beauty and the Beast Singalong
- Hollywood Studios: Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Disney Junior Live on Stage, For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Singalong, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Star Wars Launch Bay, Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo – The Musical, Up! A Great Bird Adventure
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled. Disney is still undecided about holding Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and other Christmastime events including the Candlelight Processional.
As physical distancing is enforced on Disney transportation including buses, boats, and monorail, consider your own car for easier transportation if you are visiting Disney World this summer.
- Extra Magic Hours
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Memory Maker
- character meetings
- fireworks shows
- all dessert parties
- Most tours and nature experiences including Backstage Magic, Behind the Seeds, Private VIP Tours, and more (full list)
- Minnie Van service
- New collection product launches
- Package delivery to the front of parks or your hotel room.
- Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom reopening July 11, 2020
- Epcot and Hollywood Studios reopening July 15, 2020
- Characters in parks
- A Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival debuting July 15, 2020 – a smaller offering of the Food & Wine Festival with more than 20 food marketplaces and floral topiaries from the International Flower & Garden Festival.
Arrival windows have been added to mobile order-enabled quick service restaurants.
In preparation for new capacity reductions, all dining reservations and Disney Dining Plan packages have been canceled. New dining reservations are not available at this time.
Table service restaurant booking window has been shortened from the usual 180 days to just 60 days. Valid park tickets and a park reservation will still be required in addition to the dining reservation.
Use the My Disney Experience app to mobile order at select dining locations. Arrival windows have been added to the My Disney Experience mobile app.
When dining at a table service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel, day guests must have a dining reservation. For overnight guests, dining reservations are highly recommended.
- Disney Dining Plan
- Character dining (except for Topolino’s Terrace)
- Dinner shows
- Most dining events including Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room, Dine with an Imagineer, and more (full list)
- Private dining and in-room dining service
- Mobile order at select quick service restaurants
- One character dining experience: Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Most quick service restaurants and pool bars along with select table service restaurants at DVC and deluxe resorts (see Important Updates for Disney Resort Hotels for the full list)
Disney World Resorts
Disney is temporarily pausing new Disney resort hotel reservations in order to focus on guests with existing reservations. Guests with existing hotel reservations can contact Disney for assistance with modifying 2020 plans. Modifications to 2021 reservations can be made starting June 24.
Fort Wilderness and select Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resorts reopened on June 22. These are reopening dates for Disney resort hotels:
- July 10: Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House (DVC), Pop Century, Contemporary Resort
- July 29: Caribbean Beach Resort
- August 12: Polynesian Village Resort, Art of Animation Resort
- August 24: Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- September 21: Grand Floridian Resort
- October 1: BoardWalk Resort
- October 14: Coronado Springs Resort
- TBA: Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, non-DVC Animal Kingdom Lodge, All-Star Resorts
If you have an existing reservation for a resort that will be closed during your stay, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the check-in date if no modifications are requested.
Use the My Disney Experience app to start the check-in process in advance, bypassing the front desk and ensuring limited contact with cast members.
“Mousekeeping” will only provide light cleaning service every other day (removing trash, replacing towels and amenities, wiping surfaces, and vacuuming, if needed). This housekeeping service may be declined.
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort
- Club level service
- in-room celebrations
- dry cleaning and valet laundry services
- resort airline check-in service
- character experiences
- dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- marina rentals
- pin trading
- spas, salons, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barbershop
- additional paid offerings including fireworks cruises, fun runs, childcare services, and other special programs
- Disney’s Magical Express
- feature pools (except Stormalong Bay) running reduced operating hours
- leisure pools open 24 hours a day
- complimentary transportation between resorts and parks/Disney Springs
Disney Springs and Other Disney World Facilities
Disney Springs is OPEN. Hours are 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily.
Disney Springs is operating with limited parking, reduced entrances, temperature screenings, and required face coverings. Visit the Disney Springs Phased Reopening Page for the latest official information on Disney Springs.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and miniature golf locations at Disney World are temporarily closed until further notice.
Disney World golf courses remain open. See golfwdw.com for details.
Disney World Reopening Rules & Safety Measures
Review all travel advisories before traveling to Florida. If your area is under isolation or quarantine orders, you must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney is following CDC recommendations by making changes that promote social distancing as well. These will affect your “normal” Disney World experience.
Face coverings will be required by all guests ages 2 and up along with touch-free temperature screenings at some locations. Face coverings must be worn at all times except when dining or swimming. Those with temperatures 100.4 F of above will be denied entry along with their entire party.
Site-wide, physical distancing and limited contact measures will be in place including signage and ground markings, physical barriers, and cashless transactions.
Your Travel Plans
If you need to make adjustments to your travel plans, make reservation cancellations online in your My Disney Experience account if possible or call the Walt Disney World Resort.
Are you planning a Disney trip this year? When are you going?